About Cervical Cancer
Early Detection Can Save Your Life1
- The best way to find cervical cancer early is to have regular screening with a Pap test (which may be combined with a test for human papilloma virus or HPV).
- Early detection greatly improves the chances of successful treatment and prevents any early cervical cell changes from becoming cancerous.
The American Cancer Society Tells Us2
- Cervical pre-cancers are diagnosed far more often than invasive cervical cancer
- Pap tests can find changes in the cervix before cancer develops. It can also find cervical cancer early – in its most curable stage
- Most cervical cancer cases are found in women younger than 50
Estimates for 20184
- 13,240 new cases of invasive cervical cancer (cancer that has spread beyond the cervix) to be diagnosed in the United States4
- 4,170 deaths due to cervical cancer to occur in the United States4